Tomato based products are gaining increased demand as consumers continue to discover the functional and nutritive benefits that tomatoes offer.
Studies have documented that the seeds of tomatoes contain essential fatty acids, anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, carotenes including lycopene and phytosterols and other important nutrients that play an important role in the health and radiance of the skin.
Although it is the seeds and the skin of the tomato that are the most nutritious, both are typically removed from most tomato based products. Tomato Seed Oil is stable and is an ideal ingredient choice for incorporating the nutritive benefits of tomato seeds, particularly the high lycopene content, within personal care products.
Natural Sourcing's superior quality Tomato Seed Oil is carefully sourced and packaged to maintain the purity, freshness and beneficial properties of this remarkably nutritive oil.
Tomato Seed Oil Properties:
- Orange Hue (Transluscent)
- Light Viscosity
- Quick Absorption
- Mild Aroma: Slightly Spicy, Woody and Smoky
- Antioxidants Including Tocopherols
- Lycopene and Other Carotenes/Carotenoids
- Copper, Iron, Manganese and Zinc
- Excellent Source of Essential and Other Fatty Acids:
- Linoleic (C18:2) Omega-6 Essential Fatty Acid Content: >55%
- Oleic (C18:1) Omega-9 Fatty Acid Content: >24%
- Linolenic Acid (C18:3) Omega-3 Essential Fatty Acid Content: >2%
Tomato Seed Oil is a stable, highly penetrating oil. It is a remarkably nutritive addition to facial creams, antiwrinkle serums, anti-aging formulations, lip care products, hair products, make-up, shaving products and other personal care and cosmetic formulations. It is suitable for dry, oily and combination skin.
Tomato Seed Oil is Perfectly Suited for the Following Personal Care Applications:
- Mature, Aging Skin
- Damaged, Dry, Cracked Skin
- General Skin and Lip Care
- Brittle and Damaged Hair
- General Hair Care
Recommended Usage Rate: 1-20%
Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Seed Oil
Expeller Pressed and Refined