Maracuja Oil, also known as Passionfruit Seed Oil, is derived from the seeds of passionfruits. The plant name and its beautiful purple flowers are typically known by several names including Purple Passion Flower and Maypop.
The passion flower plant is native to the Amazon and other tropical regions of North and South America. Many botanical species of passion flower exist. The species Passiflora incarnata consists of long woody vines and exquisite, fragrant purple flowers that produce nourishing fruits commonly known as passionfruits. The fruits and seeds are both edible and have been used medicinally for hundreds of years.
Natural Sourcing's superior quality Maracuja Oil is cold pressed and deodorized. It is carefully sourced and packaged to maintain the purity, freshness and beneficial properties of this remarkably nutritive oil.
- Light Texture
- Absorbs Quickly
- Clear to Pale Yellow Hue
- Mild, Fruity, Nutty, Lipid Aroma
- Contains Tocopherols, Phytosterols and Carotenoids
- Fatty Acid Composition:
- C14 Lauric Acid: 0.2% Max
- C16 Palmitic Acid: 7.0-10.0%
- C16:1 Palmitoleic Acid: 0.5% Max
- C18:0 Stearic Acid: 1.0-5.0%
- C18:1 Oleic Acid (Omega-9): 20.0-30.0%
- C18:2 Linoleic Acid (Omega-6): 55.0-65.0%
- C18:3 Linolenic Acid (Omega-3): 1.0% Max
- C20:0 Arachidic Acid: 1.0% Max
- C20:1 Eicosenoic Acid: 0.5% Max
- C22:0 Behenic Acid: 0.5% Max
Maracuja Oil is a superior emollient that is heralded for its light, non-greasy texture, rapid absorption and fatty acid composition including Omega-3 and Omega-6 essential fatty acids. Maracuja Oil is well suited for use in a wide array of personal care formulations intended to nourish and soothe mature, dry, parched or irritated skin. It is highly recommended in scalp and hair care products to encourage healthy hair growth and increased vitality.
Maracuja Oil is Perfectly Suited for the Following Personal Care Applications:
- Skin Care
- Lip Care
- Hair Care
- Nail Care
Recommended Usage: 1-100%
Passiflora Incarnata (Passionfruit) Seed Oil
1 Year +
Cold Pressed and Deodorized